Let’s Go to Hannibal, MO!!! – Saturday, October 17, 2015, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Hannibal, Missouri is about 100 miles from Columbia. It's the home of Mark Twain (a famous American writer).
What: Explore Hannibal, Missouri and Lover’s Leap
When: Saturday, October 17
- 8:45AM – Arrive at McReynolds Hall
- 9:00AM – Depart from McReynolds Hall by bus
- 10:30 – Arrive in Hannibal, Missouri, and choose to do the following
- enjoy the street festival (eat food, buy crafts)
- visit the Mark Twain Museum, Mark Twain Boyhood Home, Becky Thatcher home, Molly Brown’s Birthplace, a restored 20th Century mansion, an old jail house, and the Haunted Wax Museum (these all cost money)
- take a 1-hour trolley tour (costs $10)
- take a boat ride starting at 1:30 (costs $18)
- 3:00PM – Get back on the bus and go to Lover’s Leap
- Lover’s Leap is a point high above the Mississippi River where Indian legend says two lovers jumped to their death because their families forbade their marriage. This is a great pleace to take pictures of the Mississippi River!
- 5:00PM – Arrive back to Columbia, MO and McReynolds Hall
Cost: Walking around the street festival is free, but bring money to buy food, crafts, and tickets for other activities.
For more information: