IEP Trip to Rocheport, Missouri – Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 8:45 a.m.-1:50 p.m. – Sign up by noon on Thursday, April 14, 2016.
Rocheport is a small town on the Missouri River and is about a 15-minute drive from Columbia. It connects to the Katy Trail.
What: Explore or bike in Rocheport, Missouri * see more details at the end of this announcement
When: Saturday, April 16
- 8:45 – Arrive at McReynolds Hall (and load your bike in the van if you want to)
- 9:00 – Depart from McReynolds Hall
- 9:30 – Arrive in Rocheport
- 1:15 – Return to the bus
- 1:30 – Depart from Rocheport
- 1:50 – Arrive at McReynolds Hall
- ***You may choose to drive you own vehicle to Rocheport if you want.
Cost: Bring money for bikes, food, drinks, and souvenirs
Signup: by 12:00PM on Thursday, April 14, and indicate if you are
- renting a bike (only 15-17 bikes are available)
- bringing your own bike (only space for the first 6 bikes on the sign-up sheet are allowable)
- not riding a bike
- bringing a guest (family members OR 1 guest allowed)
* Things to do in Rocheport:
- Walk on the Katy Trail
- Explore a dark tunnel, small caves, and the Missouri River bank
- Bike on the Katy Trail
- You can rent a bike for $7.50/hr at the Trailside Café
- Special bikes, such as tandem (2-person) bikes are $15/hr
- You can bring a bike, and we can transport it to Rocheport for you
- Arrive 15 minutes early if you are bringing a bike!
- Visit a historical museum
- Learn about local historical events, such as the Civil War, and see artifacts from the past
- Eat lunch
- Upscale dining at well-known restaurants
- Casual dining is also available
- Explore local bookstores, as well as antique and gift shops
- Sit on a bench overlooking the Missouri River