Join the Intensive English Program for a Hike and Ice Cream – Saturday, July 8, 2017 at 8:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Sign up for the trip in McReynolds 208 by 12:30 p.m. on Friday, July 7. You may bring your family or 1 friend.
What: Hike at Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, a Columbia park with many trails; and
Eat at Andy’s Frozen Custard, an ice cream shop in Columbia and other Midwest locations that is known for its concretes, sundaes, milkshakes, and more!
When: Saturday, July 8
- 8:45 a.m. – get on the bus at McReynolds Hall
- 9:00 a.m. – the bus departs McReynolds Hall
- 9:20 a.m. – the bus arrives at Rock Bridge Memorial State Park
- go on the Devil’s Icebox Trail & take pictures at the entrance of the cave (but we won’t go inside the cave)
- explore on your own
- 11:30 a.m. – get on the bus to go to Andy’s Frozen Custard
- 11:40 a.m. – arrive at Andy’s Frozen Custard
- 12:15 p. m. – get on the bus for McReynolds Hall
- 12:30 p.m. – arrive at McReynolds Hall
Cost: Please bring money for ice cream. Hiking is free!
What to Wear
- Tennis shoes with good grip / traction (there may be slippery rocks)
- Comfortable clothing