- You must be at least 17 years of age.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. (That is, you must have completed secondary school by the time you enroll in CELL.)
- You must provide documents that demonstrate you have enough money for all of your expenses while studying in CELL.
How to Apply
- Obtain an application form by one of three ways.
a. Apply online. (This is the easiest and fastest way to apply.)
b. Print the online application from this website.
c. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we send you an application by email or regular mail.
- Complete the application form (unless you have already applied on-line). You may complete it in ink, with a typewriter, or by computer. Be sure to spell your full name correctly and provide your date of birth. (if you have a passport, be sure that your name and birth date are exactly the same as they are on the passport.)
- Read the Financial Guarantee section of the Application and put a check mark in the circle to show that you agree with the financial guarantee statement.
- Obtain a letter of financial support in English from your bank or from the bank of your sponsor (for example, a family member or employer). Sample letter of Financial Support.
If you have a scholarship, the letter of support must specify the terms and amount of the scholarship as well as an address in the U.S. for billing.
- Make a $60.00 prepayment of fees.
To save time, we recommend you make the prepayment by credit card (VISA, MASTERCARD, or DISCOVER).
You may also make the prepayment by check, money order, or traveler’s check. The check should be written payable in U.S. dollars to the University of Missouri. Applicants with a scholarship are not required to make the $60.00 prepayment.
- Return the completed application by one of the ways listed below.
a. by mail
b. by fax
c. by email
d. by email with an attachment of a scanned copy of the application form.
Note that if you fax or email a copy of your financial documents, you must send the original financial documents later by mail. If you do no want to pay the $60.00 prepayment by credit card, you must send by mail the $60.00 check, money order, or traveler’s check.
- Mail the following:
a. The letter of financial support
b. The check for the $60.00 prepayment (unless you have provided credit card information on the application form or on the on-line application form).
Center for English Language Learning
University of Missouri
208 McReynolds Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Official Acceptance to CELL
As soon as we have received your application, we will let you know that we have received it. After we have examined your application, we will send you an I-20 and a letter of acceptance by express mail.
Click on the following button to learn about the process and rules for studying in the United States as an international student. When the page opens, click on STUDENTS at the top of the page.